Every employee working in the adult entertainment industry must have an Adult Establishment Work Permit.
Step One: Applications should be submitted in person to the Revenue Department, including a $55.00 application fee. Following notarization of the Lawful Presence Affidavit, the applicant will receive two receipts, one for the Police Department and one for the employer (adult entertainment establishment).
Step Two: The applicant will bring the above receipt to the Police Department (Building 300), and will be fingerprinted as well as complete the needed process for a background check.
An application shall be considered complete when it contains the following:
- The applicant’s full legal name and any other names used by the applicant in the preceding five years;
- Current business address or another mailing address for the applicant;
- Written proof of age, in the form of a driver’s license, a picture identification document containing the applicant’s date of birth issued by a governmental agency, or a copy of a birth certificate accompanied by a picture identification document issued by a governmental agency;
- The adult establishment work permit application fee ($55.00).
- A statement of whether the applicant has been convicted of, or has pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a crime;
- A completed set of fingerprints taken by the city's police department. The police department shall provide fingerprinting service upon the request of the applicant during regular office hours.