Lane and Road Closures and Special Alerts Impacting Your Drive around Sandy Springs
- A lane closure is needed in the eastbound lane of Mabry between Glenridge and Bayvale Court on Monday, April 24 for geotechnical boring work. The closure will take place between 9 a – 4 p. Barring any unforeseen issues, this closure should only be one day.
- City Springs: Beginning Monday, April 24 at 9 a.m. the southernmost eastbound lane on Johnson Ferry, just north of the office tower, will be closed for concrete placement at the top of the office tower.
- City Springs: Lane closest to the construction site on Sandy Springs Circle remains closed between Mt Vernon and Johnson Ferry Road
Click Here to View the City's Traffic Watch Map
Transform 285/400 PROJECT:
Overnight Lane Closures
Sunday, April 23 through Friday, April 28, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. - One right northbound and southbound lane will close on Roswell Road between Northwood Drive and Allen Road.
Sunday, April 23, 8 p.m. through Monday, April 23, 6 a.m. - One right lane going both northbound and southbound will close on Peachtree Dunwoody Road from Concourse Parkway to Lake Hearn Drive.
Monday, April 24 through Wednesday, April 26, nightly 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. - A section of the on-ramp will close from the MARTA North Springs Station to SR 400 southbound.
Sunday, April 23, 8 p.m. through Monday, April 24, 6 a.m. - The left Collector-Distributor lane will close on SR 400 southbound from the I-285/SR 400 interchange to the Glenridge Connector.
Sunday, April 23, 8 p.m. through Monday, April 24, 6 a.m. - The left Collector-Distributor lane will close on SR 400 northbound from the Glenridge Connector to the I-285/SR 400 interchange.
Sunday, April 23 through Friday, April 28, nightly 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. - One right shoulder will close on the SR 400 northbound ramp to I-285 eastbound.
Note: all dates are subject to change
Click here to view all materials related to this GA Dept. of Transportation project.
For issues related to this project, please call the GDOT Hotline at 404-609-4609.
To check on availability of parking at MARTA - itsmarta.com/parking
Upcoming Weekend Closures & Activity
Metro Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/MetroLaneClosures.pdf
· Statewide Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/StatewideLaneClosures.pdf
Whenever you approach a work zone: slow down; allow extra distance between vehicles; read signs; obey road crew flaggers, and expect the unexpected. For updated information about travel conditions on Georgia’s interstates and state routes, GDOT advises travelers to call 511 or consult www.511ga.org before heading out. Georgia 511 is a free service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide. Callers also can transfer to operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
ONGOING ROAD / LANE CLOSURES:
- Construction continues: Carpenter Drive at Roswell Road - Please watch as crews continue with this road alignment project.
- The northern-most lane of Meridian Mark, next to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta between Johnson Ferry Road and the Glenridge Connector, is closed for construction related to the expansion of the hospital.
Work in the Perimeter Area and interested in commuting options? Check the Perimeter Connects program for details.