Lane and Road Closures and Special Alerts Impacting Your Drive around Sandy Springs
- Lane Closure: Intersection of Crest Valley Dr and Mt Vernon Parkway as a storm drain is replaced. Closure in effect Wed., Feb 22 - Fri. Feb 24 from 9 a - 4 p each day.
- City Springs Lane Closures: The week of Feb. 20, lane closures continue on Johnson Ferry and Sandy Springs Circle. The following week, the roadwork moves to Johnson Ferry in the lane closest to City Springs and along Sandy Springs Circle in the lane closest to City Springs. The two charts help diagram the lane closures. Please remember that all surrounding businesses are open during construction!
- Intersection closure update: Hilderbrand, at the new Bluestone Connection has reopened.
Click Here to View the City's Traffic Watch Map
Transform 285/400 PROJECT:
Sunday, Feb. 12 - Sunday, Feb. 19, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. - One left lane will close on I-285 westbound between Chamblee Dunwoody Road and Riverside Drive. Motorists are cautioned to reduce speed while travling through the work zones and pay attention and watch for workers.
Note: all dates are subject to change
Click here to view all materials related to this GA Dept. of Transportation project.
ONGOING ROAD / LANE CLOSURES:
- Construction continues: Carpenter Drive at Roswell Road - Please watch as crews continue with this road alignment project.
- The northern-most lane of Meridian Mark, next to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta between Johnson Ferry Road and the Glenridge Connector, is closed for construction related to the expansion of the hospital.
- Construction activities continue on Sandy Springs Circle between Mt Vernon and Johnson Ferry Road. Please be watchful of crews working in the area, following directional signage and following construction speed limits - 25mph.
Weekend Road Work Planned by GDOT (posted each Friday)
· Metro Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/MetroLaneClosures.pdf
· Statewide Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/StatewideLaneClosures.pdf
Whenever you approach a work zone: slow down; allow extra distance between vehicles; read signs; obey road crew flaggers, and expect the unexpected. For updated information about travel conditions on Georgia’s interstates and state routes, GDOT advises travelers to call 511 or consult www.511ga.org before heading out. Georgia 511 is a free service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide. Callers also can transfer to operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Work in the Perimeter Area and interested in commuting options? Check the Perimeter Connects program for details.