Lane and Road Closures and Special Alerts Impacting Your Drive around Sandy Springs
- Lane Closures: Hammond/Roswell Road - This link will take you to detour plans to work around the closure at Hildebrand at Bluestone currently in place in conjunction with this closure. Detour is Mt Vernon for northbound drivers and Hammond for southbound drivers. This single lane closures on Roswell Road and Hammond Dr begin at 10 p.m. Wed, Jan 18, with work through Friday and clean up activities on Saturday, Jan 21.
- Lane Closure: Intersection of Johnson Ferry and Sandy Springs Circle beginning Jan 16 for pipe installation. This work will take approximately 2 months to complete. Following completion of this work, crews will move along Sandy Springs Circle for pipe installation and road construction, with lane closures in place during this time period.
- Road closure: Carpenter Drive at Roswell Road - Overnight on Thursday, Jan 19 to Friday, Jan 20, a full closure will be in place to tie in waterlines, with the road reopening in time for workday travel. A full weekend closure is planned for Jan. 20-23.
- Intermittent lane closures: North side of Mt Vernon and eastern-most lanes on Sandy Springs Circle at City Springs for work needed by Georgia Power for pole removal beginning week of January 16.
- Intersection closure: Hildebrand, at the new Bluestone Connection, is closed as grade change roadwork is conducted. Click here for the detour routes map.
Click Here to View the City's Traffic Watch Map
Transform 285/400 PROJECT:
Lane Closure: Left lane on GA400 northbound from Hammond Dr to Spalding Dr will be closed Jan 10 - 23 from 8 pm until 6 am
Drainage Repairs: These repairs will include single lane closures.
SB GA400 - from Spalding to Hammond (Jan 10-16)
NB GA400 - from Hammond to Spalding (Jan 10-16)
SB GA400 - from Spalding to Hammond (Jan 17-23)
Design/Survey Work: SB GA400 from Spalding to Hammond (Jan 10-16)
A lane of Spalding Drive over GA400 will be closed 8 pm, Mon., Jan 23 to 1 a.m., Tues., Jan 24.
Note: all dates are subject to change
Click here to view all materials related to this GA Dept. of Transportation project.
Deep Mill Patch Road Work
Deep Mill Patching mills out (cuts out) the section of roadway that is need of repair. The asphalt is layered back in, with the entire process taking place over the course of one day. The asphalt cuts resemble those of large utility repairs. Blount Construction is performing the road work.
The current project schedule (subject to change):
Week of January 10th
Riverside Drive between Johnson Ferry Road and Heards Ferry Road (between 8 a - 5 p)
ONGOING ROAD / LANE CLOSURES:
- PCID is conducting tree removal activities on Peachtree Dunwoody Road between I-285 and Hammond Road. Bradford Pears will be removed and replaced with Crepe Myrtles. Expect lane closures as the work is completed. (work begins Jan 10)
- The northern-most lane of Meridian Mark, next to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta between Johnson Ferry Road and the Glenridge Connector, is closed for construction related to the expansion of the hospital.
- Construction activities continue on Sandy Springs Circle between Mt Vernon and Johnson Ferry Road. Please be watchful of crews working in the area, following directional signage and following construction speed limits - 25mph.
Weekend Road Work Planned by GDOT (posted each Friday)
· Metro Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/MetroLaneClosures.pdf
· Statewide Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/StatewideLaneClosures.pdf
Whenever you approach a work zone: slow down; allow extra distance between vehicles; read signs; obey road crew flaggers, and expect the unexpected. For updated information about travel conditions on Georgia’s interstates and state routes, GDOT advises travelers to call 511 or consult www.511ga.org before heading out. Georgia 511 is a free service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide. Callers also can transfer to operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Work in the Perimeter Area and interested in commuting options? Check the Perimeter Connects program for details.