Lane and Road Closures and Special Alerts Impacting Your Drive around Sandy Springs
Milling and paving work underway on Abernathy as part of the Ashton Woods Development. All work, weather permitting. Please watch for lane closures.
Paving preparation work is planned for Roswell Road, Cliffwood Drive and Carpenter Drive on Saturday, July 8 from 6 am - 6 pm, weather permitting. Lane closures will occur throughout the day as a result.
Ongoing Lane Closure on Johnson Ferry Road between Sandy Springs Circle and Roswell Road for curb and gutter work, through September.
Lane closures Peachtree Dunwoody and Hammond Drive turn lane 9a - 4p through June 30 for wall construction and other development work.
- Curb and gutter work is taking place on Sandy Springs Circle between Johnson Ferry Rd and Mt Vernon (along City Springs). Lane closures will continue - please reduce speed and watch for work crews. ALL BUSINESSES AT SPRINGS LANDING WILL BE OPEN AND APPRECIATIVE OF YOUR PATRONAGE.
- Lane closure at 6919 Peachtree Dunwoody Road to make improvements to the deceleration lane and remove a concrete wall - June 5 - July 1 with closure between 9 a - 4 p.
- Intermittent lane closures in the area of 800 Mt Vernon Highway and 690 Mt Vernon Highway for stormwater repairs. Work to take place 8 a - 5 p. continuing into early July.
- Stormwater repairs at Kayron and Hammond begin July 5 with a two-week road closure planned to begin July 20.
Click Here to View the City's Traffic Watch Map
Upcoming Weekend Closures & Activity from the GA Dept of Transportation
Metro Lane Closures:
· Statewide Lane Closures: http://www.dot.ga.gov/DriveSmart/WeekendClosures/StatewideLaneClosures.pdf
Transform 285/400 PROJECT:
- Rolling left lane, left shoulder, and right shoulder closure on GA 400 NB from Spalding Dr to Holcomb Bridge Rd for sign installation - June 22 - 29 from 8 p.m. - 6 a.m.
- One southbound right lane on Lake Forrest Drive from Monday, June 26 through Friday, June 30, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- One northbound right lane on Glenridge Drive from Johnson Ferry Road to Glenforest Road on Tuesday, June 27 through Wednesday, June 28 nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- One eastbound and westbound right lane on Abernathy Road from Barfield Road/Glenlake Parkway to Peachtree Dunwoody Road from Wednesday, June 28 through Thursday, June 29, nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Note: all dates are subject to change
Click here to view all materials related to this GA Dept. of Transportation project.
For issues related to this project, please call the GDOT Hotline at 404-609-4609.
Whenever you approach a work zone: slow down; allow extra distance between vehicles; read signs; obey road crew flaggers, and expect the unexpected. For updated information about travel conditions on Georgia’s interstates and state routes, GDOT advises travelers to call 511 or consult www.511ga.org before heading out. Georgia 511 is a free service that provides real-time traffic and travel information statewide. Callers also can transfer to operators to request assistance or report incidents 24 hours a day, seven days a week.